1. Empower patients to cultivate their own medicine
2. Provide a safe, secure and insured commercial space for cultivation
3. Serve as a Model for other community-based Workshops
SB 420 COMPLIANT
The MCC Cultivation Workshop provides “access of patients and caregivers to medicinal marijuana through collective, cooperative cultivation projects” in accordance with SB 420: California’s Medical Marijuana Program Act.
ABOUT THE CULTIVATION WORKSHOP
Workshop participants are limited to the cultivation of 6 plants that may be grown in soil or hydroponic mediums.
The Workshop provides ongoing cultivation support from cloning to harvest.
Workshop participants are assigned a grow tent, flowering tent, lighting and fans.
Participants pay a monthly Workshop fee and are required to purchase their own nutrients and supplies.
The first harvest will take approximately 12 to 15 weeks; thereafter, 2 of the 6 plants are harvested every 5 to 6 weeks.
The yield is approximately 5 to 7 ounces per plant after drying and curing (not trimmed).
It takes 4-6 hours per week to maintain the plants.
Participants are required to REMOVE their harvested plants from the Workshop for the drying and curing process.
The MCC has successfully taught the 6-plant Workshop cultivation protocols since 2006.
1. Benefits of the Cultivation Workshop
2. How Workshop participants are protected under the California Department of Public Health Program for Patients and Primary Caregivers under the MMP
3. Commercial Insurance for Cultivation
4. Required Forms and Agreements, Workshop Brochure
5. Workshop Cultivation Protocols
7. Nutrients and Supplies
8. The Location and Set Up
9. Start Up Cost, Operating Expenses and Income Projection
As a cultivation instructor for Cannabis Career Institute, Shaun Szameit has taught cultivation seminars throughout southern California. He is the founder of Indoor Cultivation Consultants, a service that designs and installs grow sites for Collectives and individual patients. He is the owner of Advanced Hydroponic Supplies and has operated the store since 2009. Shaun has been a part of the MCC Cultivation Workshop since it began in 2006. He is the on site Manager of the MCC Cultivation Workshop located at 50 North Mentor Avenue in Pasadena. He also serves as an MCC Instructor on how to set up and operate a Cultivation Workshop based on the MCC Cultivation Workshop Model.